• Question: Do you believe there is live on other planets?

    Asked by KA456 to Alex, Carl, Hayley, Melanie, Tim, Yewande on 13 Jun 2018. This question was also asked by 745bekn32, 339bekn32, 934bekn48, $hxrni.
    • Photo: Hayley Wragg

      Hayley Wragg answered on 13 Jun 2018:


      Yes.
      There’s some very interesting mathematics proving the existence of an infinite number of universes and therefore every possible worlds exists and at least one must contain life.
      This is a bit philosophical but it is very likely that in the galaxies we know about one of them contains life. I don’t believe we will be able to contact them though.

    • Photo: Yewande Okunoren-Oyekenu

      Yewande Okunoren-Oyekenu answered on 14 Jun 2018:


      Studies have shown that life exist in other planets

    • Photo: Alex Seeney

      Alex Seeney answered on 14 Jun 2018:


      At the moment, scientists think we have explored about 5% of space, so there could be life out there in the other 95% too! The “multiverse” theory that Hayley has mentioned is also really interesting and might support life on other planets too.

Comments